A Special Letter to the Church:
Interesting times we are living in. Hope everyone is safe and free from panic. It is during these times that we are able to shine and be a positive influence on the world. So, let your light shine during this darkness and be the beacon of hope and calmness people need from those of us whose hope comes from God.
This past Sunday, leadership got together and created a game plan for our congregation all the way to Easter (April 12). So, look over everything and if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call me, 817-613-6228.
1. Starting this Sunday, March 29th, we will have an 11:00 Drive In Church in the parking lot. We will have a “stage” set up under the covered portico and parking attendants will greet you and guide you when you come on the campus. We will have communion as well and we are working on the logistics for that. It is a great way to get out of the house and worship as a family.
2. All other church events will be suspended UP TO EASTER SUNDAY EXCEPT FOR GOOD FRIDAY “STATIONS OF THE CROSS” in the Sanctuary on April 10. More information will come to you on that event. We are waiting patiently for national news to determine what is safe to do.
3. Our Palm Sunday Cantata and Celebration with the community will be postponed until all is safe. Once we get the “all-clear,” we will have a fantastic “Re-opening Celebration"!
4. While we continue to go through the Season of Lent, there are a few things you can do in order to keep you grounded and connected:
5. You should be contacted by an Elder or Deacon to see if you have any needs or concerns during this time.
6. Online Giving. An easy way to assure your giving to the church continues is by giving online. You may need to make some necessary adjustments to your giving due to our circumstances, but it is important for all of us to make sure our gifts to the ministry of Jesus Christ aren’t neglected. Online giving is easy to set up, and you can do it through the church’s website. An email will go out to explain this process in more detail very soon.
Sorry for the lengthy letter, but we have a lot of information and much more information on the way. Please look for more emails in the comings as this is the best communication we have. Stay safe, stay clean, wash your hands and stay calm and confident – we have one another to keep us going!